Baptisia x 'Lemon Meringue'
More About Baptisia x 'Lemon Meringue'
- Proven Winners™ Color Choice®
- Bright lemon-yellow flowers on compact, upright mound
- Attractive, gray-green foliage
- Remains a specimen all season long
- Attractive, seed pods remain after the flowers finish
- These hardy perennials have been known to last for decades
- Excellent cut flower
False Indigo Growing and Maintenance Tips
Baptisia are a welcome addition to any perennial garden but require plenty of space. Grow best in a moist, well-drained soil, and are quite drought tolerant when established. They should not be moved once established, as they take approximately three years to mature. Pruning plants after flowering can help maintain the shape and prevent seeding, however, attractive, seed pods will be lost if pruned.
Baptisia x 'Lemon Meringue' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Landscape usesFoundation planting