Athyrium niponicum var. pictum 'Burgundy Lace'#PP15072, COPF
More About Athyrium niponicum var. pictum 'Burgundy Lace' (PP15072, COPF)
- Fronds emerge from the ground in the spring a deep burgundy-purple colour
- Burgundy fronds have silver streaking maturing to grayish-green
- Fronds will retain its purple midribs and silver streaking with maturity.
- Clumping habit with a slight weeping effect
- Colonies form by shallow, spreading rhizomes
- Great plant for brightening a shady spot
Burgundy Lace Japanese Painted Fern Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil in full to partial shade. Colours are more distinct in light shade. Stems can be pruned off in the fall after frost.
Athyrium niponicum var. pictum 'Burgundy Lace' (PP15072, COPF) Characteristics
Moist to Average