Athyrium niponicum 'Regal Red'
More About Athyrium niponicum 'Regal Red'
- Arching, triangular, silver fronds with violet-red veining
- Twisted pinnules give the fronds a ruffled look
- Clumping habit with a slight weeping effect
- Colonies form by shallow, spreading rhizomes
- Great plant for brightening a shady spot
Japanese Painted Fern Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil in full to partial shade. Colours are more distinct in light shade. Stems can be pruned off in the fall after frost.
Athyrium niponicum 'Regal Red' Characteristics
Moist to Average