Astrantia major 'Star of Fire'#PP20284
Suitable Substitutions for Astrantia major 'Star of Fire'
More About Astrantia major 'Star of Fire' (PP20284)
- White-centered, pincushion-like flowers are surrounded by burgundy bracts
- Flowers rise on dark stems
- Lobed leaves form a tight mound of bright green foliage
- Excellent cut flower, fresh or dried
- Bloom Time: July to September
Masterwort Growing and Maintenance Tips
Astrantia grows best in a rich, heavy soil, some shade and plenty of moisture. Will tolerate full sun if consistent moisture is provided. Foliage remains lush and flowers more prolific with partial shade. Deadheading encourages a longer bloom time.
Astrantia major 'Star of Fire' (PP20284) Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall