Astilbe chinensis 'Maggie Daley'
Also called Chinese Astilbe
More About Astilbe chinensis 'Maggie Daley'
- Many sturdy, upright stems holding panicles of dense, lavender-purple flowers
- One of the latest astilbe to flower
- Compact, rich green, almost bronze foliage
- Excellent astilbe for front borders and containers
- Bloom Time: Mid to late summer
- Flower Height: 70 cm
- Foliage height: 50 cm
False Spirea Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in light to moderate shade, with average to moist soils. Astilbe may burn if planted in full sun. Deep shade tolerant, but will not flower as prolifically. Water plants during the summer especially if there is less than average rainfall. Extended drought periods will lead to browning of the foliage and may result in foliage drop. After flowers finish, prune off blooms and lightly shape the foliage to encourage new growth.
Astilbe chinensis 'Maggie Daley' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall