Aster novae-angliae 'Purple Dome'#COPF
Also called Fall Aster
More About Aster novae-angliae 'Purple Dome' (COPF)
- AKA Symphyotrichum novae-angliae 'Purple Dome'
- A profuse, blooming perennial with dark purple flowers
- Compact, mounding habit of dark green foliage
- A dwarf cultivar from the native perennial Aster novae-angliae
- Bloom Time: Late summer to mid autumn
New England Aster Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in full sun, with an average to moist soil. Needs good air circulation to limit mildew issues and prevent the bottom foliage from dropping. Pinch back 1/3 of the foliage twice before early summer, to maintain shape and foliage vigour. Does not require staking.
Aster novae-angliae 'Purple Dome' (COPF) Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall