Arrhenatherum elatius bulbosum 'Variegatum'
Also called Bulbous Oat Grass
More About Arrhenatherum elatius bulbosum 'Variegatum'
- Grass forms a low mound of soft narrow foliage
- Leaf blades are almost completely white with a central thin stripe of green
- Excellent contrasting plant in the garden with spring bulbs
- Narrow panicles of wild oat-like blooms
- Grass Type: Cool Season
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
Cool Season Grasses: These grasses do the majority of their growing in early spring and start again when temperatures start to cool in the fall. During the warmer summer months they stop growing and some will even go dormant. Cool season grasses will flower in the spring or early summer. Most cool season grasses grow best in a consistently moist soil.
Tuber Oat Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade and tolerates humidity. It is recommended to prune foliage almost to ground level in midsummer to allow for new growth in the fall months.
Arrhenatherum elatius bulbosum 'Variegatum' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum