Armeria maritima 'Rubrifolia'
Also called Thrift
More About Armeria maritima 'Rubrifolia'
- Tufts of foliage resemble turfgrass
- Foliage is burgundy in the spring and fall, fading to dark green in the warmer months
- Globe-shaped hot pink flower clusters form a layer of colour above the semi-evergreen foliage
- Plant will slowly spread into surrounds if soil is dry enough
- Bloom Time: Mid to late spring, persisting into the summer
- Flower Height: 40 cm
Red-leaved Sea Thrift Growing and Maintenance Tips
Easy to grow perennial needing a well-drained, sandy soil. Divide in the spring. Deadheading will stimulate new flower buds, extending the bloom time into the summer. The second set of blooms will appear in late summer when cooler temperatures occur. Generally pest and disease free. Suitable for rock gardens, borders, rooftops and walkways.
Armeria maritima 'Rubrifolia' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum