Aquilegia vulgaris 'Pink Barlow'
Suitable Substitutions for Aquilegia vulgaris 'Pink Barlow'
More About Aquilegia vulgaris 'Pink Barlow'
- Tidy compact habit makes this plant perfect for containers
- Starlike pink flowers with white centres above blue-green foliage
- Clumps of gray-green lobed foliage
- Excellent cut flower
- Deer and rabbit resistant
- Bloom Time: Late spring through early summer
Columbine Growing and Maintenance Tips
Aquilegia is an easy to grow perennial, growing best in an average to moist, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. Extended periods of drought may cause aquilegia to go into dormancy. Deadheading will help promote more blooms. They are somewhat susceptible to leaf miner and sawfly, which disfigure the foliage. As the plants usually wane in midsummer, it is safe to cut them down, to prevent self-seeding.
Aquilegia vulgaris 'Pink Barlow' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum