Apple 'Red Prairie Spy'
More About 'Red Prairie Spy'
- Malus domestica'Red Prairie Spy'
- Pale pink to white flowers
- Large-sized, mostly red fruit with some yellow-green colouration
- Crisp and juicy with a tart flavour
- Stores well
- Best used as a baking apple
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Ripens: Late September to early October
Red Prairie Spy Apple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Needs another apple cultivar or flowering crab in the neighbourhood for pollination and subsequent fruit production. Typically available in rootstocks E.M. 26 (dwarf) and M.M.106 (semi-dwarf), and sometimes E.M.7 (very dwarf). Ultimate height and width of apple and other fruit trees depends on the pruning and production program.
'Red Prairie Spy' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils