Apple 'Red Duchess'
More About 'Red Duchess'
- Malus domestica 'Red Duchess'
- Pale pink to white flowers
- Medium to large-sized, red-skinned fruit
- Flesh is white, fine and juicy with a tart flavour
- Short storage life
- Good for eating, best for pies and sauces
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Ripens: August
Red Duchess Apple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Needs another apple cultivar or flowering crab in the neighbourhood for pollination and subsequent fruit production. Typically available in rootstocks E.M. 26 (dwarf) and M.M.106 (semi-dwarf), and sometimes E.M.7 (very dwarf). Ultimate height and width of apple and other fruit trees depends on the pruning and production program.
'Red Duchess' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils