Apple 'Red Delicious'
More About 'Red Delicious'
- Malus domestica'Red Delicious'
- Pale pink to white flowers
- Large-sized, bright red fruit
- Crisp, juicy and mildly sweet
- Stores well
- A favourite snacking apple
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Ripens: October
Red Delicious Apple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Needs another apple cultivar or flowering crab in the neighbourhood for pollination and subsequent fruit production. Typically available in rootstocks E.M.26 (dwarf) and M.M.106 (semi-dwarf), and sometimes E.M.7 (very dwarf). Ultimate height and width of apple and other fruit trees depends on the pruning and production program.
'Red Delicious' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils