Apple 'Northwestern Greening'
More About 'Northwestern Greening'
- Malus domestica 'Northwestern Greening'
- Pale pink to white flowers
- Popular, old, winter cultivar, sometimes producing apples almost 23 cm across
- Pale green, turning to yellow when fully mature
- Good storage apple, use for sauces, cooking, not a great fresh eating apple
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Ripens: Mid to late October
Northwestern Greening Apple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Needs another apple cultivar or flowering crab in the neighbourhood for pollination and subsequent fruit production. Typically available in rootstocks E.M. 26 (dwarf) and M.M.106 (semi-dwarf), and sometimes E.M.7 (very dwarf). Ultimate height and width of apple and other fruit trees depends on the pruning and production program.
'Northwestern Greening' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average