Apple 'Northern Spy'
More About 'Northern Spy'
- Malus domestica 'Northern Spy'
- Pale pink to white flowers
- Large, thick-skinned, bright red fruit
- Tender, crisp and juicy, slightly sweet and mildly acidic flesh
- Good for pies or fresh eating
- Stores well
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Ripens: October
Northern Spy Apple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Needs another apple cultivar or flowering crab in the neighbourhood for pollination and subsequent fruit production. Typically available in rootstocks E.M. 26 (dwarf) and M.M.106 (semi-dwarf), and sometimes E.M.7 (very dwarf). Ultimate height and width of apple and other fruit trees depends on the pruning and production program.
'Northern Spy' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils