More About 'Jonathan'
- Malus domestica 'Jonathan'
- Pale pink to white flowers
- Medium-sized, nearly red fruit
- White flesh is juicy and tart
- Use for fresh eating, freezing, or cooking
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Ripens: Late September
Jonathan Apple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Needs another apple cultivar or flowering crab in the neighbourhood for pollination and subsequent fruit production. Typically available in rootstocks E.M.26 (dwarf) and M.M.106 (semi-dwarf), and sometimes E.M.7 (very dwarf). Ultimate height and width of apple and other fruit trees depends on the pruning and production program.
Average to Dry Soils