More About 'Idared'
- Malus domestica 'Idared'
- Pale pink to white flowers
- Medium to large, pinkish-red, coloured fruit with a little striping
- Crisp and juicy with a sweet, tart taste
- Blooms early and stores well
- An all-purpose apple, commonly used for apple pies
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Ripens: October
Idared Apple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Needs another apple cultivar or flowering crab in the neighbourhood for pollination and subsequent fruit production. Typically available in rootstocks E.M.26 (dwarf) and M.M.106 (semi-dwarf), and sometimes E.M.7 (very dwarf). Ultimate height and width of apple and other fruit trees depends on the pruning and production program.
Average to Dry Soils