More About 'Haralson'
- Malus domestica 'Haralson'
- Pale pink to white flowers
- Medium to large apple, with a red skin
- Crisp and juicy, with a tart taste
- Used for pies, sauces, and juices
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Ripens: Late September to early October
Malus 'Haralson', is a hardy substitute for 'Golden Delicious'.
Haralson Apple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Needs another apple cultivar or flowering crab in the neighbourhood for pollination and subsequent fruit production. Typically available in rootstocks E.M.26 (dwarf) and M.M.106 (semi-dwarf), and sometimes E.M.7 (very dwarf). Ultimate height and width of apple and other fruit trees depends on the pruning and production program.
Average to Dry Soils