Apple 'Granny Smith'
More About 'Granny Smith'
- Malus domestica 'Granny Smith'
- Pale pink to white flowers
- Medium-sized apple with medium green skin
- Crisp, tart, and juicy apple
- Excellent eaten fresh or for cooking
- Stores well
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Ripens: Late October
Granny Smith Apple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Needs another apple cultivar or flowering crab in the neighbourhood for pollination and subsequent fruit production. Typically available in rootstocks E.M.26 (dwarf) and M.M.106 (semi-dwarf), and sometimes E.M.7 (very dwarf). Ultimate height and width of apple and other fruit trees depends on the pruning and production program.
'Granny Smith' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils