Apple 'Golden Russet'
More About 'Golden Russet'
- Malus domestica 'Golden Russet'
- Pale pink to white flowers
- Medium-sized apple with a golden-brown skin
- Fine-grained, yellow flesh is firm and crisp with a tart taste
- Great for cider and eating fresh
- Stores well
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Ripens: October
Golden Russet Apple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Needs another apple cultivar or flowering crab in the neighbourhood for pollination and subsequent fruit production. Typically available in rootstocks E.M.26 (dwarf) and M.M.106 (semi-dwarf), and sometimes E.M.7 (very dwarf). Ultimate height and width of apple and other fruit trees depends on the pruning and production program.
'Golden Russet' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils