More About 'Cortland'
- Malus domestica 'Cortland'
- Pale pink to white flowers
- Large, deep red fruit with a white flesh
- Crisp, sweet and juicy, with a slight tartness
- An excellent fresh apple, also good for sauces and juices
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Ripens: October
Cortland Apple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Needs another apple cultivar or flowering crab in the neighbourhood for pollination and subsequent fruit production. Typically available in rootstocks E.M.26 (dwarf) and M.M.106 (semi-dwarf), and sometimes E.M.7 (very dwarf). Ultimate height and width of apple and other fruit trees depends on the pruning and production program. Will pollinate with 'Gala', 'Red' and 'Yellow Delicious'.
Average to Dry Soils