Anemone x hybrida 'Whirlwind'
Also called Windflower
More About Anemone x hybrida 'Whirlwind'
- Large white semi-double blooms with yellow centres
- Attractive mounds of rich dark green leaves
- Blooms freely and continuously until frost
- Deer and rabbit resistant
- Attracts butterflies
- Excellent cut flower
- Bloom Time: Late summer to mid-fall
Japanese Anemone Growing and Maintenance Tips
Anemone grow best in a moist, well-drained soil, once established. Do not plant Japanese anemone too deep, leave the crown just raised or level with the soil surface. May need winter protection. Transplanting is best done in the spring.
Anemone x hybrida 'Whirlwind' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall