Amsonia tabernaemontana 'Storm Cloud'
Also called Eastern Bluestar
More About Amsonia tabernaemontana 'Storm Cloud'
- Clusters of star-like blue flowers completely cover the plant
- New stems emerge black and remain dark through late spring
- Green willow-like foliage turns golden in the fall
- Ornamental green seed pods follow the flower
- Dependable sturdy habit
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
Willow Amsonia Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to moist, well-drained soil, in full sun. Very easy to grow perennial with no significant disease or insect issues. Beautiful when used in mass along perennial borders or as a backdrop for fall flowering perennials. if grown in too much shade, it's habit will be open and floppy.
Amsonia tabernaemontana 'Storm Cloud' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average