Ampelopsis brevipedunculata 'Elegans'
More About Ampelopsis brevipedunculata 'Elegans'
- Insignificant, tiny, green flowers
- Porcelain-blue berries follow
- Dark green leaves with three-five lobes are mottled with pink and white
- Self-clinging with pink tendrils
- Less vigorous than the species
- Bloom Time: July
Variegated Porcelain Berry Growing and Maintenance Tips
Ampelopsis grow best in a moist to average, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. Prune out dead wood in the spring. To keep a dense habit and young, colourful foliage, prune the entire plant back to 30 cm every 3 years. Ampelopsis need a trellis or wall to cling to for support.
Ampelopsis brevipedunculata 'Elegans' Characteristics
Moist to Average