Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Princess Diana'
Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Princess Diana' - Princess Diana Serviceberry - Photo courtesy of J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co.
More About Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Princess Diana'
- Lightly fragrant loose clusters of white flowers appear before the leaves
- Edible red berries ripen to dark purplish-black in June
- Glossy leaves emerge bronzish-purple, maturing to dark green
- Fall colour is an outstanding red, colouring early, and long lasting
- Tends to sucker less than other serviceberries
- Bloom Time: Spring
Princess Diana Serviceberry Growing and Maintenance Tips
'Princess Diana' serviceberry tolerates a wide range of soils and conditions. It can be grown as a specimen tree or a multi-stemmed shrub.
Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Princess Diana' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring