Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Ballerina'
More About Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Ballerina'
- Neatly branched broad upright habit
- Flowers are white and relatively large
- Foliage is dark green and oval, with a fine serration at the edges
- Fruit is a small red berry, turning deep purple
- Leaves turn striking red in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Ballerina Serviceberry Growing and Maintenance Tips
Amelanchier x grandiflora cultivars are crosses between A. arborea and A. laevis. They grow best in a moist, well-drained, lime-free soil and are remarkably resistant to fire blight. They can be grown as specimen trees or multi-stemmed shrubs.
Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Ballerina' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring