Amelanchier grandiflora 'Cole's Select'
More About Amelanchier grandiflora 'Cole's Select'
- Upright spreading habit
- Young leaves emerge purplish, turning to medium-green
- White flowers are followed by red to purplish-black berries
- Edible fruit is attractive to birds
- Brilliant yellow to red foliage in the fall
- Selected for its glossy thick leaves, which lend it a healthier look in the summer
- Bloom Time: Spring
Cole's Select Serviceberry Growing and Maintenance Tips
In general, serviceberries tolerate a wide range of soils and conditions. They can be grown as specimen trees or multi-stemmed clumps.
Amelanchier grandiflora 'Cole's Select' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils