Allium senescens 'Blue Eddy'
Also called Corkscrew Onion
More About Allium senescens 'Blue Eddy'
- Clumps of blue-gray foliage
- Foliage grows in a spiral fashion
- Short stems hold spherical lilac-pink flowers
- Suitable for rooftop or rock garden plantings
- Bloom Time: Late summer to early fall
- Flower Height: 30 cm
- Foliage Height: 20 cm
- Flower Size: 4 cm
Pink Curly Onion Growing and Maintenance Tips
Dependable and very drought tolerant plant, growing best in full sun. Prune spent flowers back to promote fresh growth. Tolerates some shade but foliage colour may alter in low light conditions. This allium species does not self-seed but divides easily in the spring or fall. Aphid and powdery mildew resistant.
Allium senescens 'Blue Eddy' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesRooftop (extensive)