Aesculus hippocastanum 'Baumannii'
More About Aesculus hippocastanum 'Baumannii'
- Upright oval growth habit
- Large buds are dark brown and quite sticky in early spring
- Green compound leaves emerge in the spring, each with seve, spreading oblong leaflets
- Large showy white double flowers show hints of pink
- Completely sterile
- Fall colour usually consists of undistinguished shades of yellow and brown
- Bloom Time: Spring
Bauman Horsechestnut Growing and Maintenance Tips
The prickly seed pods on Aesculus hippocastanum (which can be messy), are nearly absent on this cultivar, making it better suited for urban, street tree plantings. The double white flowers on 'Baumanii' typically bloom later and longer than hippocastanum.
Aesculus hippocastanum 'Baumannii' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum