Actinidia arguta 'Issai'
Also called Tara Vine
More About Actinidia arguta 'Issai'
- White flowers
- Self-fertile, female plant
- Edible fruits, 3-4 cm long, in October
- Fruit has a smooth, green skin, that softens when ripe
- Glossy dark green ovate leaves, 13 cm long
- Less vigorous than the species
- Bloom Time: Late June to early July
- Flower Size: 2 cm
In shorter growing seasons, pick the fruit before they ripen and place them in a paper bag with apples and pears to help expedite ripening.
Hardy Kiwi Growing and Maintenance Tips
Actinidia grows best in a rich, moist, slightly acidic soil, in full sun to partial shade. Plants need a trellis or fence to twine around. In late fall, pruning can be done to maintain size. In shorter growing seasons, plant in a large container and bring inside before frost, so the fruit can fully ripen.
Actinidia arguta 'Issai' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum