Aconitum x cammarum 'Bicolor'
More About Aconitum x cammarum 'Bicolor'
- Tall spikes of flowers are violet-blue and white in combination
- Glossy, deeply lobed, dark green foliage
- Makes an excellent, cut flower
- Deer and rabbit resistant
- Bloom Time: Mid to late summer
The upper sepal of the flower bears a striking resemblance to the cloth hood worn by a medieval monk, thus the common name "Monkshood".
Monkshood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows well in full sun but requires sufficient water. Aconitums grow best where shade is provided in the hot hours of the afternoon. Aconitums grow relatively slow and won't need to be divided regularly. They are very resistant to pests and diseases. Beware of handling this plant as all parts are highly poisonous.
Aconitum x cammarum 'Bicolor' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall