Aconitum x 'Blue Lagoon'
Also called Wolfsbane
More About Aconitum x 'Blue Lagoon'
- Medium-sized, violet-blue flowers
- Dense, compact branching habit with dark green foliage
- Upright plants with thick, leathery leaves
- Flowers bloom lower on the branches than other cultivars
- Bloom Time: July to August
The upper sepal of the flower bears a striking resemblance to the cloth hood worn by a medieval monk, thus the common name "Monkshood".
Monkshood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows well in full sun, but requires sufficient water. Aconitums grow best where shade is provided in the hot hours of the afternoon. Relatively slow-growing, it won't need to be divided regularly. They are very resistant to pests and diseases. Beware of handling this plant as all parts are highly poisonous.
Aconitum x 'Blue Lagoon' Characteristics
Moist to Average