Suitable Substitutions for Aconitum fischeri
More About Aconitum fischeri
- Compact cultivar of monkshood
- Strong stems support lavender-blue flowers
- Deeply divided dark green glossy foliage
- Deer and rabbit resistant
- Bloom Time: Late summer to fall
The upper sepal of the flower bears a striking resemblance to the clothing hood worn by a medieval monk, thus the common name "Monkshood".
Monkshood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows well in full sun but requires sufficient water. Aconitum grows best where shade is provided in the hot hours of the afternoon. Relatively slow- growing, it won't need to be divided regularly. They are very resistant to pests and diseases. Beware of handling this plant as all parts are highly poisonous.
Aconitum fischeri Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall