Achillea ptarmica 'The Pearl'
Series: The Pearl Group
More About Achillea ptarmica 'The Pearl'
- Quick spreading, rhizomatous perennial
- Tight, button-like, double, white flowers
- Lance-shaped, dark green leaves with fine-toothed margins
- Excellent cut flower, fresh or dried
- Bloom Time: June-July and sporadically into the fall
The name Achillea comes from Greek mythology and as legend has it, was used to treat war wounds during battle.
Sneezewort Growing and Maintenance Tips
Achillea ptarmica grows best in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. Cut back faded flowers to encourage a second flush of blooms for late summer and to maintain overall appearance and shape.
Achillea ptarmica 'The Pearl' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)
Landscape usesRooftop (extensive)