Acer saccharum 'Commemoration'
Suitable Substitutions for Acer saccharum 'Commemoration'
More About Acer saccharum 'Commemoration'
- Columnar, vase-shaped habit
- Small, creamy-yellow flowers appear before the leaves
- Leaves are thick and leathery and tatter resistant
- Fall colour is orange to orange-red, earlier than many other sugar maples
- Holds its fall colour longer than other cultivars
Commemoration Sugar Maple Growing and Maintenance Tips
This cultivar shows some tolerance for shade, pollution and salt spray. It grows well in average to moist conditions, and will tolerate some drought.
Acer saccharum 'Commemoration' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils