Acer platanoides 'Royal Red'
More About Acer platanoides 'Royal Red'
- Oval to round, growth habit
- Maroon-yellow flowers appear in clusters before the foliage
- Maroon to purple-coloured leaves lasts throughout the summer
- It has no significant, fall colour
- Excellent as a specimen with its dark foliage
- Bloom Time: Spring
Royal Red maple is more compact, tending to grow slower than most other cultivars, and growing slightly narrower than the Crimson King maple.
Royal Red Maple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Royal Red maple grows best in average to moist conditions, and shouldn't be allowed to dry out. It is not particular as to soil type or pH and is highly tolerant of urban pollution.
Acer platanoides 'Royal Red' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring