Acer platanoides 'Crimson King'#PP0735
More About Acer platanoides 'Crimson King' (PP0735)
- Wide, round to oval growth habit
- Burgundy-yellow flowers appear in clusters before the foliage
- Burgundy to purple leaf colour lasts throughout the summer
- It has no significant, fall colour
- Excellent as a specimen with its dark foliage
- Bloom Time: Spring
'Crimson King' is more compact and tends to grow more slowly than other cultivars of Norway maple.
Crimson King Maple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Crimson King maple grows best in average to moist conditions, and shouldn't be allowed to dry out. It is not particular as to soil type or pH and is highly tolerant of urban pollution.
Acer platanoides 'Crimson King' (PP0735) Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring