Acer palmatum dissectum 'Red Dragon'
More About Acer palmatum dissectum 'Red Dragon'
- A laceleaf selection with extremely fine, cut leaves
- Retains its bright crimson-red colour well during the summer
- Turns to scarlet in the fall
- A dense, mounding, cutleaf maple with cascading branches
- Suitable for small gardens and water features
Red Dragon Japanese Maple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Best planted in a well-drained soil with high organic matter. Japanese maples are grown as specimen trees or multi-stemmed plants. Any pruning should be done in summer. Mulch well, but avoid heaping mulch against the stem. Most cultivars need full sun or light afternoon shade.
Acer palmatum dissectum 'Red Dragon' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring