Acer palmatum 'Winter Flame'
More About Acer palmatum 'Winter Flame'
- Compact, smaller version of 'Sango Kaku'
- Spring colour is lime-green
- Foliage matures to a darker green for the summer
- Orange and yellow fall colour
- Has an intense, coral-coloured bark
Winter Flame Japanese Maple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Best planted in a well-drained soil with high organic matter. Japanese maples are grown as specimen trees or multi-stemmed plants. Any pruning should be done in summer. Mulch well, but avoid heaping mulch against the stem. Most cultivars need full sun or light afternoon shade.
Acer palmatum 'Winter Flame' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring