Acer palmatum 'Shaina'
More About Acer palmatum 'Shaina'
- 'Shaina' is a witch's broom found in a 'Bloodgood'
- Upright rounded growth habit
- Very tight red foliage with a shortened centre lobe turns to dark purple by the summer
- Crimson to orange fall colour
- Inconspicuous red flowers emerge before the leaves
- Excellent for bonsai
- Bloom Time: Spring
Shaina Japanese Maple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Best planted in a well-drained soil with high organic matter. Japanese maples are grown as specimen trees or multi-stemmed plants. Any pruning should be done in summer. Mulch well, but avoid heaping mulch against the stem. Most cultivars need full sun or light afternoon shade.
Acer palmatum 'Shaina' Characteristics
Moist to Average