Acer palmatum 'Emperor1®' (Wolff)
Also called Emperor1® Japanese Maple
More About Acer palmatum Emperor1® ('Wolff')
- AKA Acer palmatum 'Red Emperor'
- Dark red foliage spring and summer
- Brilliant scarlet in the fall
- Bark is an interesting blackish-red colour
- Will hold its colour well even in shady sites
- Leaves emerge 2 weeks later than other upright reds
Wolff Japanese Maple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Best planted in a well-drained soil with high organic matter. Japanese maples are grown as specimen trees or multi-stemmed plants. Any pruning should be done in summer. Mulch well, but avoid heaping mulch against the stem. Most cultivars need full sun or light afternoon shade.
Acer palmatum Emperor1® ('Wolff') Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Landscape usesScreening (privacy)