Acer nigrum 'Greencolumn'#PP3722
More About Acer nigrum 'Greencolumn' (PP3722)
- AKA Acer saccharum subsp. nigrum 'Green Column'
- Greenish-yellow flower clusters
- A selection of black maple with an upright oval form
- Very similar to the sugar maple but better adapted to hot, dry conditions
- Light green summer foliage turns golden-orange in the fall
- Bloom Time: April to May
Greencolumn Maple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Best in a moist, fertile, slightly acidic soil. Mature trees have some tolerance to drought.
Acer nigrum 'Greencolumn' (PP3722) Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average