Suitable Substitutions for Acer negundo
More About Acer negundo
- Medium-sized tree with irregular branching
- Pinnate, compound leaves are light green on top, paler green below
- Leaflets vary in shape
- Greenish-yellow flowers appear in pendant clusters
- Clusters of paired v-shaped mature samaras are a light tan colour in the fall
- Bloom Time: March to April
Native to Ontario and much of Canada.
Boxelder Maple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Acer negundo will grow well when planted in wet areas, providing regular draining occurs. This tree is known to spread easily because of its heavy seeding.
Acer negundo Characteristics
Moist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average