Acer ginnala 'Flame'
More About Acer ginnala 'Flame'
- AKA Acer tataricum subsp. ginnala 'Flame'
- Naturally a large shrub, it can be trained into a tree form
- Fragrant, yellowish flowers appear just before the leaves
- Seeds emerge red, maturing to brown
- Glossy, dark green leaves change to fiery-red in the fall
- Useful as a hedge or single specimen
- Bloom Time: Early spring
Flame Maple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Tolerant of a wide range of soils and pH, growing best in a moist, well-drained soil, in full sun or partial shade. Amur maple will tolerate heavy pruning. Flame maple exhibits amazing fall colour. It can be grown as a specimen tree or multi-stemmed plant.
Acer ginnala 'Flame' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)