Suitable Substitutions for Acer ginnala
More About Acer ginnala
- Fragrant yellowish flowers appear just before the leaves
- Seeds emerge red, maturing to brown
- Glossy dark green leaves change to shades of yellow and red in the fall
- Useful as a hedge or single specimen
- A rounded plant that is extremely hardy
- Bloom Time: Early spring
Amur maple exhibits phenomenal fall colour. It can be grown as a specimen tree or a multi-stemmed plant.
Amur Maple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Tolerant of a wide range of soils and pH, it grows best in a moist, well-drained soil, in full sun or partial shade. Amur maple can tolerate heavy pruning. Has been proven to be invasive.
Acer ginnala Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)