More About Abies fraseri
- Slender specimen with an overall pyramidal shape
- Horizontal branch structure with glossy, dark green needles
- Underside of the needle displays two silver bands
- Purple cones grow upright and disintegrate while still on the plant
- Lends itself to both specimen or group plantings
- A popular cut Christmas tree
The Fraser fir is native to isolated areas of the Appalachian Mountains in the United States and the common name honours the Scottish botanist John Fraser, who discovered this plant.
Fraser Fir Growing and Maintenance Tips
Suitable for a moist, well-drained soil. Benefits from shearing if a formal conical shape is desired.
Abies fraseri Characteristics
Moist to Wet Soils
Average to Dry Soils