Abies concolor 'Compacta'
More About Abies concolor 'Compacta'
- AKA Abies concolor 'Violacea Compacta'
- Slow irregular spreading growth habit
- Long silvery-blue needles throughout the year
- Purple cones grow upright and disintegrate while still on the plant
- A slow-growing cultivar for tight areas
Compact White Fir Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows well if planted in full sun, protected from harsh winds and in a slightly acidic, moist, but well-drained soil. Avoid planting in heavy clay or areas with poor drainage.
Abies concolor 'Compacta' Characteristics
Moist to Average