Gaillardia x grandiflora 'Arizona Sun'
Suitable Substitutions for Gaillardia x grandiflora 'Arizona Sun'
More About Gaillardia x grandiflora 'Arizona Sun'
- AKA Gaillardia aristata 'Arizona Red Shades'
- Compact, uniform selection
- Fiery orange-red petals tipped in yellow
- Leaves are elongated, hairy and grayish-green
- Heat and drought tolerant
- Attracts butterflies
- Bloom Time: Early summer to early fall
Blanket Flower Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun. Too much shade will cause gaillardia to grow leggy and flop over. Although a little moisture is needed, they are quite drought and heat tolerant. Will not grow well in a heavy, clay-based soil. Deadheading will improve the overall appearance and extend bloom time.
Gaillardia x grandiflora 'Arizona Sun' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall