Gaura lindheimeri 'Siskiyou Pink'
Also called Butterfly Gaura, Bee Blossom
More About Gaura lindheimeri 'Siskiyou Pink'
- Wine-red buds open to rose-pink flowers with white stamens
- As the flowers mature, they turn a deeper pink
- Narrow, pinnately lobed, bright green leaves
- Excellent, cut flower
- Attracts butterflies and bees
- Bloom Time: Early summer to mid-fall
Gaura Growing and Maintenance Tips
Thrives in an average to moist, well-drained soil (this is essential), in full sun. Tolerates heat, humidity and some drought. Gaura have a tendency to grow open and somewhat floppy, so they benefit from a hard pruning in late spring, to encourage a bushy, compact habit. Remove spent flowers to improve overall appearance, but not necessarily to extend bloom time. Not always reliable in Zone 5 winters, so plant in protected areas.
Gaura lindheimeri 'Siskiyou Pink' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum