Cornus florida 'Cherokee Brave' (Comco No.1)#PP10166
More About Cornus florida 'Comco No.1' (Cherokee Brave)
- Masses of fragrant, deep pink flowers with white centres, appear before the leaves
- Oval, glossy, red fruit, held in clusters, are attractive to birds
- Drooping, glossy, green leaves are mildew resistant
- Fall colour scarlet to red, almost pink
- Upright clump with tiered, horizontal branches
- Bloom Time: Spring
The showy flowers seen on Cornus florida cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Cherokee Brave Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Can be grown as a specimen tree or shrub.
Grows best in medium moisture and a well-drained soil, however, will tolerate a wide range of soils. Thrives in some shade and in full sun if roots are shaded.
Cornus florida 'Comco No.1' (Cherokee Brave) Characteristics
Soil MoistureWell Drained
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring
Foliage ColorDark Green
Suitable Substitutions for Cornus florida 'Comco No.1' (Cherokee Brave)
(Cornus florida 'Rubra')
(Cornus kousa 'Satomi')
(Cornus x 'Rutgan')