Cornus florida 'Comco No.1'#PP10166
More About Cornus florida 'Comco No.1'
- Masses of fragrant, deep pink flowers with white centres, appear before the leaves
- Oval, glossy, red fruit, held in clusters, are attractive to birds
- Drooping, glossy, green leaves are mildew resistant
- Fall colour scarlet to red, almost pink
- Upright clump with tiered, horizontal branches
The showy flowers seen on Cornus florida cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Cherokee Brave™ Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Can be grown as a specimen tree or shrub.
Grows best in medium moisture and a well-drained soil, but will tolerate a wide range of soils. Thrives in some shade but will tolerate full sun if roots are shaded.
Cornus florida 'Comco No.1' Characteristics
Flowering TimeEarly Spring
Foliage ColorDark Green
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Suitable Substitutions for Cornus florida 'Comco No.1'
(Cornus florida 'Rubra')
(Cornus kousa 'Satomi')
(Cornus x 'Rutgan')