Cornus florida 'Cherokee Brave™' (Comco No.1)#PP10166
More About Cornus florida 'Comco No.1' (Cherokee Brave™)
- Masses of fragrant, deep pink flowers with white centres, appear before the leaves
- Oval, glossy, red fruit, held in clusters, are attractive to birds
- Drooping, glossy, green leaves are mildew resistant
- Fall colour scarlet to red, almost pink
- Upright clump with tiered, horizontal branches
The showy flowers seen on Cornus florida cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Cherokee Brave™ Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Can be grown as a specimen tree or shrub.
Grows best in medium moisture and a well-drained soil, but will tolerate a wide range of soils. Thrives in some shade but will tolerate full sun if roots are shaded.
Cornus florida 'Comco No.1' (Cherokee Brave™) Characteristics
Flowering TimeEarly Spring
Foliage ColorDark Green
Soil MoistureWell Drained
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Suitable Substitutions for Cornus florida 'Comco No.1' (Cherokee Brave™)
(Cornus florida 'Rubra')
(Cornus kousa 'Satomi')
(Cornus x 'Rutgan')