Ajuga tenorii 'Valfredda' (Chocolate Chip)
More About Ajuga tenorii Valfredda ('Chocolate Chip')
- Miniature, narrow, chocolate-brown foliage
- Full sun exposure deepens the foliage colour
- Spikes of bright blue flowers
- Very useful between stepping stones
- No serious disease or insect problems
- Bloom Time: Spring
Originates from Valfredda nursery in Italy.
Bugleweed Growing and Maintenance Tips
Slow-spreading, ground cover that grows best in a fairly moist soil. Dense foliage is good for choking out weeds. Will grow in partial to full shade and with adequate moisture will tolerate some sun. To rejuvenate plant growth, mow (on a high setting) after blooming. Divide every two to three years to prevent centre dieback.
Ajuga tenorii Valfredda ('Chocolate Chip') Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average