Ajuga tenorii 'Chocolate Chip' (Valfredda)
More About Ajuga tenorii 'Chocolate Chip' (Valfredda)
- Miniature, narrow, chocolate brown foliage
- Full sun exposure deepens the foliage colour
- Spikes of bright blue flowers in spring
- Very useful between stepping stones
- No serious disease or insect problems
Originates from Valfredda nursery in Italy.
Bugleweed Growing and Maintenance Tips
Slow-spreading ground cover that prefers fairly moist soils. Dense foliage is good for choking out weeds. Prefers partial shade to full shade but can tolerate more sun when it has adequate moisture. To rejuvenate plant growth mow over on high setting after blooming. Divide every two to three years to prevent center dieback.
Ajuga tenorii 'Chocolate Chip' (Valfredda) Characteristics
Late Spring/Early Summer
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Suitable Substitutions for Ajuga tenorii 'Chocolate Chip' (Valfredda)
(Ajuga reptans 'Dixie Chip')
(Ajuga reptans 'Black Scallop')